George Mason University


Non-Degree Students

Non-Degree Students

Please complete the next steps to confirm your enrollment as a Mason Patriot! If you have any questions, please reach out to Mason Nondegree Admissions for assistance.


Accept your offer of non-degree admission

No enrollment deposit is required for admitted non-degree students. Confirm your enrollment by answering the community question so that you will be able to enroll in classes.

Activate your Patriot Pass Account

Roughly 2 to 3 business days after you accept your offer of admission, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to claim and create your Patriot Pass account through Select the first option: "To activate your Patriot Pass account..." and follow the instructions to create a secure password. You will need a CLAIM CODE which is your 6 digit birthdate as MMDDYY (ex: July 6, 1996 would be 070696). If you have difficulty registering your account, contact ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870.

Activate your Mason live Email Account

Admitted non-degree students will need to establish a Mason email account by visiting This is required as all official university communications will be sent to your Mason email. Please follow the 1st Login Instructions to get started.

Register for Courses and pay tuition via Patriot Web

Next you will want to register for your courses through PatriotWeb at If your course requires a pre-requisite, contact the department which offers the course to request a course override. The department may require a copy of your unofficial transcript or a syllabus to demonstrate that you have met the pre-requisite requirement. The University Registrar's website provides a wealth of information for new non-degree students.

Lastly, you will want to make sure that you have paid for your course(s). Information regarding payments and third party billing is available at:

The Office of Student Accounts may also be reached for questions at 703-993-2484.

Submit Immunization Records

Virginia law requires all admitted university students to submit immunization documentation. A hold will be placed on your account and a late fee assessed if you do not submit your complete immunization records by the posted deadline.

Please visit Student Health Services to obtain critical information and mandatory immunization forms. Your completed immunization form should be sent directly to Student Health Services. If you have trouble accessing the website, please contact Student Health Services at 703-993-2135 or

Get your Mason ID

Your Mason ID card will only be issued once you've registered for classes. Go to the Mason Card Office for more information. The card is used for library privileges, debit (if you sign up for a meal plan or Mason Money), free rides on the CUE bus, and more. 

Important Information for Senior Citizens

Senior Citizen Non-Degree students who enroll each fall and spring semester do not have to reapply for non-degree enrollment.   However, if you are not enrolled in two consecutive semesters (i.e. fall and spring or spring and fall), you must contact the Office of the University Registrar to re-enroll.  Summer terms are not required.

For information regarding Mason’s senior citizen tuition waiver please visit the Unversity Registrar’s website here: . 

Important Information for ROTC Students

Visiting non-degree students participating in Mason ROTC may enroll in a maximum of 2 credit hours per semester.

Important Information for High School Dual Enrollment Students

High School Dual Enrollment students may enroll in a maximum of 4 credit hours per semester in a 100-299 course with the appropriate high school approval.

Important Information for Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation (SMSC)

While official transcripts are not required during the admissions process, they are required in order for you to receive appropriate academic advising as a student in the SMSC programs. Students who do not complete this step may not be scheduled for classes.  Please send official college transcripts from your current and/or all of your previous institutions to:

George Mason University
Office of Admissions
4400 University Drive MSN 3A4
Fairfax, VA 22030


Have electronic documents sent from your institutions to