Outreach: Request Tour
Outreach: Request K-8th Grade Outreach Experience Visit & Tour
Welcome to George Mason University’s K-8th Grade Outreach Experience request page! We offer tours for schools and organizations that serve students in grades K-8. These visits focus on general college access and include a campus tour, a presentation about university life, admissions and financial aid, and a Q&A session with a college counselor, an outreach specialist, or current college students.
***Due to overwhelming interest, the K-8th grade tour request form for the Fall 2019 semester is closed until August. We have limited availability to host K-8th grade groups per semester. However, we do make exceptions to assist schools and organizations that support and invite first-generation and underrepresented student populations that otherwise may not have an opportunity to visit colleges and universities. Groups on our waitlist are not guaranteed an Office of Admissions-sponsored tour and visit until confirmed by a George Mason University representative. Please reach out to Cristian Pineda at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
- In order to allow a variety of schools and organizations to visit our campus, schools cannot visit more than once in the same academic year.
- A maximum of 150 students per trip — groups larger than this must be split into multiple groups, over multiple days.
- For schools visiting on multiple dates due to large attendance/size, there is a maximum of 3 visits per school per semester.
- A minimum of 10:1 student-to-chaperone ratio is required.
- If you would like to have lunch in the dining hall, our office will help arrange this, but it is based upon availability. Please note that there is a cost associated with this option. You also have the option of bringing lunch. If you choose to do this, we will help you find an ideal location to eat.
Thank you for your interest; we look forward to helping support your students in their pursuit of a college education!