Outreach: Request Tour
Outreach: Request K-8th Grade Outreach Experience Visit & Tour
Welcome to George Mason University’s K-8th Grade Outreach Experience request page! We offer tours for schools and organizations that serve students in grades K-8. These visits focus on general college access and include a campus tour, a presentation about university life, admissions and financial aid, and a Q&A session with a college counselor, an outreach specialist, or current college students.
We have limited availability to host K-8th grade groups per semester. However, we do give priority schools and organizations that support first-generation and underrepresented student populations that otherwise may not have an opportunity to visit colleges and universities. Groups on our waitlist are not guaranteed an Office of Admissions-sponsored tour and visit until confirmed by a George Mason University representative. Please reach out to Sydney Kirwan at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
We are currently accepting requests to host K-8th grade groups during the Fall 2019 semester. However, we have very limited availability with only a few openings and can only accommodate groups of 100 visitors or less.
To place a request for a group campus tour or receive additional information, please contact Admissions Coordinator Sydney Kirwan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to allow a variety of schools and organizations to visit our campus, schools cannot visit more than once in the same academic year.
- A maximum of 150 students per trip — groups larger than this must be split into multiple groups, over multiple days.
- For schools visiting on multiple dates due to large attendance/size, there is a maximum of 3 visits per school per semester.
- A minimum of 10:1 student-to-chaperone ratio is required.
- If you would like to have lunch in the dining hall, our office will help arrange this, but it is based upon availability. Please note that there is a cost associated with this option. You also have the option of bringing lunch. If you choose to do this, we will help you find an ideal location to eat.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to helping support your students in their pursuit of a college education!