Confirmed Cases in the Mason Community
Mason is monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus/COVID-19.
As cases of COVID-19 increase across Virginia, Mason will no longer provide an individual case count within the university community.
However, if you want more information, there are several resources with detailed numbers:
- The Virginia Department of Health website provides daily updates on COVID-19 in the commonwealth, citing case counts reported by health care providers and labs. A county-by-county case map shows the impact across Virginia, and charts cite the number of tests, cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.
- The Fairfax Health Department website reports total case numbers, hospitalizations, and deaths, as well as more detailed information such as cases by locality.
- Arlington County and Prince William County are currently referring site visitors to the Virginia Department of Health site for case count information.
- The Washington, D.C., coronavirus website provides information in several areas, such as the number of people tested, those testing positive, and deaths. More detailed information can be found on a downloadable spreadsheet.
- The Maryland Department of Health website provides data on cases across the state, as well as a county-by-county map. Charts list the number of cases, test results, and deaths.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have had close contact with someone with the illness, please report this information to ensure university officials can notify appropriate close contacts. Mason has set up notification guidelines for students, faculty and staff, and contractors. If you have any questions, contact:
Mason will continue to provide updates about the impact of COVID-19 on the university, and our plans, decisions, and actions through our main coronavirus page, as well as university-wide emails, which are collected on our message log.