You have questions about our December 17 Graduation plans? We have answers. If you don't find what you're looking for here, check out our other Graduation pages.
Marching Order is the virtual platform and hub we're using to honor our 2020 graduates. The site will give each graduate an opportunity to submit a photo and a brief message to fellow Patriots, family, and friends.
You'll receive an email with instructions on how to register, create a password, and submit the information needed to create your personalized graduation slide.
Your password link will be unique to you, so don't share it with others.
Mason's schools and colleges will have Marching Order pages featuring videos and their graduates.
No. Marching Order, will close the registration portal for uploading photos and messages on December 3. No additional submissions will be taken after this date.
If you want to provide Marching Order with a phonetic spelling or a recording of your name, you must submit it by November 21.
You will still be featured on the virtual commencement celebration site, launching on December 17, if you have an active graduation application, even if you don't customize your slide prior to the deadline.
Other options include:
- Customizing your graduation slide through Marching Order for presentation during the ceremony.
- Sharing your slide on social media.
- Sharing the link to the live-stream event, and/or the recording that will be posted afterward.
- Sharing the link to your college or school's Marching Order page, which will feature videos and graduate spotlights.
- Congratulating your friends and classmates directly on their slides and via social media.
- Ordering a yard sign to celebrate your graduation.
- Downloading and/or requesting a mailed copy, or picking up a copy of the 2020 Commencement Program.
Yes. Our partners at Marching Order will make the virtual celebration website follow accessibility standards. The site will also feature Mason-produced videos, which will be closed-captioned.
If you are a student with a disability and need accommodations for this celebration, email Disability Services.
Yes, each college or school will confer their degrees in a group. You'll be individuallly recognized through your Marching Order slide on your college or school's site.
Yes, we will have a complementary program available to all graduates via:
- Download. They'll be available starting in early December.
- Pick-up at one of our three main campuses. They’ll be available December 9 to December 18. If you can’t make it to campus before winter break, they’ll be available when Spring semester starts. You’ll need your Mason ID to get your copy.
- Mailed copy. Programs will be mailed in early December. If you would like a program mailed to you, you must submit the form by November 27.
Campus Program Pick-Up Information (December 9 to 18, and when Spring Semester Starts)
You'll need your Mason ID to pick up your program (all times ET).
- Fairfax Campus (two locations): Johnson Center Information Desk, Monday to Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and SUB I Information Desk, Monday to Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Arlington Campus: Van Metre Information Desk, Monday to Thursday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- SciTech Campus: Katherine Johnson Hall's The Source, Monday to Thursday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.