News at Mason
Board of Visitors announces Presidential Search Committee
July 26, 2019
The Board of Visitors today announced the members of the search committee who will help select the next president of George Mason University.
Vice Rector Jimmy Hazel, JD '84, and Faculty Senate Chair Shannon Davis will lead the search as co-chairs of the committee. The other members of the search committee are:
- Rector Tom Davis
- Visitor Horace Blackman, BA American Studies '93
- Visitor Simmi Bhuller, BA Government and International Politics '02
- Visitor Mehmood Kazmi
- Visitor Ignacia Moreno
- Visitor Carolyn Moss
- Visitor Edward Rice
- Visitor Bob Witeck
- Visitor Lisa Zuccari, BIS '89
- Dr. Denise Albanese, Professor of English and Director of Cultural Studies
- Terri Cofer Beirne, BA Government and Politics '88, Chair of Board of Trustees for the George Mason University Foundation
- Camden Layton, Student Body President
- Dr. Germaine Louis, Dean, College of Health and Human Services
- Jon Peterson, CEO, Peterson Companies
- Lauren Reuscher, MA History '12, Staff Senate Chair
- Carole Scott, BA English '83, Board Secretary for the George Mason University Foundation
- Dr. Girum Urgessa, Associate Professor, Civil, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering
The Board also announced that Florida-based search firm Greenwood/Asher and Associates will be assisting with the search.
The committee’s first order of business will be to develop a profile for the position and a timeline for the search.
To submit feedback to the committee, please go to Go.gmu.edu/pres-search.
For more information about the search, please visit https://www2.gmu.edu/about-mason/university-leadership/presidential-search.