Mason will conduct safety evaluations of all buildings before the community returns.
- Conducted fire safety walkthrough inspections.
- Flushed domestic waterlines and floor drains, and tested water quality.
- Checked heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Starting August 4, the university will:
- Run ventilation systems at all times.
- Maximize outdoor air supply.
- Ensure all exhaust fans are working.
- Verify filter housing and racks are appropriate.
- Recommend opening windows where possible to provide natural ventilation.
- Conducted walkthroughs of laboratories. The university:
- Tested emergency showers and eye washes.
- Stocked spill kits.
- Verified chemical fume hood operation.
- Maintained biosafety cabinet certification.
- Checked for egress issues, spills, leaks, electrical problems, wet ceiling tiles, and chemical storage security.
- Submitted work orders to address any issues.