Communications and Training
Knowledge is power, especially in times like these. We’ll tell you want to know and need to know.
All faculty, staff, and student workers must complete Safe Return to Campus Training before returning to campus. This training covers:
- Basics of COVID-19 transmission and symptoms.
- Actions to take if you think you’ve been exposed to or have COVID-19.
- Accommodations for those at high risk.
- University precautions.
- Resuming research.
- Classroom precautions.
- Physical/social distancing.
- Face coverings.
- Travel and event rules.
- Options if you don’t feel safe returning to campus.
- Resources for telework, instruction, research, support, and counseling.
- Enforcement procedures.
Driver Awareness Training will include information on reduced ridership, cleaning, and disinfecting.
Supervisors can manage employees’ training status through MasonLEAPS.
- View assigned, registered, and completed trainings
- View transcripts for multiple faculty and/or staff
- Assign training to faculty and staff
Student Safe Return to Campus Training will be available soon in Blackboard for students to take before or when they return to campus. In addition to the basics covered in the employee session, student training will also include precautions specific to:
- Residence halls.
- Athletic and recreational facilities.
- Student Centers.
- Common areas (indoor and outdoor).
- Events and performances
- Registered Student Organizations.
- Organizing and hosting student events.
- Student support services and resources
- Study abroad and traveling.
From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mason has constantly refined our plans, policies, and procedures to keep our community safe and to continue our mission of freedom and learning.
- In March 2020, the university created a COVID-19 website to centralize information and provide answers to frequently asked questions.
- On April 17, 2020, Interim President Anne Holton hosted a virtual town hall to provide updates on the university’s response and to take questions from students, their families, faculty, staff and alumni.
- The university sends regular messages to the Mason community with information about COVID-19 planning, operational considerations, and re-opening strategies. Find them on the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Message Log.
- Safe Return to Campus messages can be found on the Announcements and Updates page.