Knowledge is power, especially in times like these. We’ll tell you what you want to know and need to know.
Safe Return to Campus Training is currently available in Blackboard to take now or before returning to campus. It outlines the precautions Mason is taking to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, new university policies and procedures, and student responsibilities when studying, working, and living on campus.
- Log into Blackboard.
- Register using the training link in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Student Training.
- Select Sign up for Safe Return to Campus Training.
- Select “submit.”
- Select “training” from the green menu on the left side of the page.
Students will also be asked to review a consent form and choose whether or not to allow the health department to share information with Mason to help identify potential outbreaks on campus. Consent is not required to receive credit for training, and a student’s decision does not have any impact on student records or future opportunities at Mason.
Training: Faculty and Staff
All faculty, staff, and student workers must complete Safe Return to Campus Training before returning to campus.
Driver Awareness Training will include information on reduced ridership, cleaning, and disinfecting.
Supervisors can manage employees’ training status through MasonLEAPS.
- View assigned, registered, and completed trainings
- View transcripts for multiple faculty and/or staff
- Assign training to faculty and staff
Contractors working on behalf of Mason must follow university health and safety precautions and precautions mandated by their employers. A Contractor Safe Return to Campus presentation outlines contractor obligations on campus, information about campus operations in the fall, and actions to protect yourself and others while you work on campus.
Please review this short video presentation to find out more about the steps Mason is taking this fall to protect students and the Mason community, changes to university operations, and what to expect if you plan to visit campus.
From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Mason has constantly refined our plans, policies, and procedures to keep our community safe and to continue our mission of freedom and learning.
- In March 2020, the university created a COVID-19 website to centralize information and provide answers to frequently asked questions.
- On April 17, 2020, Interim President Anne Holton hosted a virtual town hall to provide updates on the university’s response and to take questions from students, their families, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Safe Return to Campus messages can be found on the Announcements and Updates page.