Members of the Mason community and visitors should follow parking guidelines when visiting one of our campuses.
Parking permits are sold online. Permits will only be sold on a per-semester basis.
Mason Parking Services resumed payroll deduction parking fees on September 1.
If you want to discontinue payroll deductions, return your parking permit (and access card, if applicable) to Parking Services. You'll get a confirmation receipt via e-mail. Permits should be mailed to:
Mason Parking Services
4400 University Drive MSN 1G4
Fairfax, VA 22030
For visitors and those who are only on campus sporadically, there are daily, weekly, and monthly options which can be purchased online, as well as some mobile payment options to reduce the need to use parking pay stations in Rappahannock Deck and at the Field House. Customer-facing parking equipment, such as parking pay stations, will be cleaned multiple times daily.
All permits are printable with the exception of those for motorcycles. We will not mail hang tags. You’ll need to print and display the permit on the vehicle dashboard. You have 10 days from purchase to print your permit.
The printable permit includes your vehicle’s license plate number, and is not transferable between vehicles. If your car is unavailable, call Parking Services to arrange a short-term parking permit for the alternate vehicle.
You must have a current and valid parking permit to park on Mason property.
Mason Parking in Fairfax is closed to walk-in traffic and moved to an appointment-only system. Everyone is encouraged to use on-line parking resources as much as possible. Check the Arlington Parking and SciTech Parking pages for information on those campuses.
To schedule an appointment, email:
For additional questions, contact Parking Services.
Changes for Fall Semester
- West Campus: Permits will not be sold due to discontinued fall semester shuttle service. All permits are still valid at West Campus if needed.
- Rappahannock Parking Deck: The gates for the reserved levels (3 through 5) will remain lifted for the semester, so an access card will not be required. A valid Rappahannock reserved permit is still required to park on reserved levels and will be enforced.
- Freshman Resident: Students can purchase any permit except the General and Lot M/P permits. They can also select the “Resident Lite” permit option, which is valid in Lots K, M, O, and P.
- Off Campus Freshman: Students can buy the “General Lot” permit option.
- Sophomore Residents: The “General Lot” permit option is available.
- Payroll Deduction Permits: For employees who pay via payroll deduction, permits will not change and will automatically renew in September. Any employees wishing to stop payroll deduction must mail their permit (and gate entry card, if applicable) to the Parking Services office at MS1G4. Permits may be returned at any time to stop future deductions. The process to end your parking payroll deduction will be initiated upon our receipt of your parking permit.
- Short-Term Parking: For students, faculty and staff who do not require parking on campus on a regular basis, there are daily, weekly, and monthly options available online. Hourly visitor parking is available in all parking garages at $3/hour with a $15 daily maximum. At the Field House in Lots M & P, daily parking for $3 can be purchased in front of the Field House or using the ParkMobile app.
- There are also daily rates in the general lots ranging from $3-9 per day. Find more informatin on parking options on the Mason Transportation site.