Creating a safe environment requires everyone’s help. Mason has established a series of steps to follow.
While on Campus (All Students, Faculty, Staff)
- Complete your daily Mason COVID Health✓™
- Wear a face covering over your mouth and nose at all times in public places.
- Practice appropriate social distancing.
- Practice appropriate hygiene, including thoroughly washing hands for at least 20 seconds, and if you can’t do that, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes.
- Stay home if you feel symptoms consistent with COVID.
If You Have Symptoms of COVID
- Students, as well as uninsured Mason employees and on-campus contractors, will be tested at the Mason On-Campus Testing Site. Student Health Services will continue to serve students at regional campuses through video telehealth and will work with those students to get testing convenient to their location. All other employees should be tested through their insured health providers.
- The Ángel Cabrera Global Center has been designated as an on-campus quarantine site, when warranted. Residential students who must quarantine, may be quarantined in their room or in the Cabrera Global Center based on public health guidance.
- All other students, faculty and staff must stay away from campus until they are cleared by a medical professional to return.
Random Testing to Detect Asymptomatic Carriers
To help track the virus spreading via carriers who display no symptoms, throughout the academic year Mason will randomly select members of the community to request that they participate in voluntary testing.
We are expanding to five testing sites for random, surveillance testing across our campuses:
- The former first floor library in the Johnson Center opened Jan. 11 for testing of residential students, non-residential students, faculty and staff.
- Merten Hall, Room 1204 opens Jan. 19 for testing non-residential students, faculty and staff.
- The former MIX space in Fenwick Library opens Jan. 25 for testing residential students.
- In Arlington, Van Metre Hall, Room 308 opens Jan. 26 for testing non-residential students, faculty and staff. Testing will be conducted on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- At SciTech, Randall’s Café in Colgan Hall opens Jan. 25 for testing residential and non-residential students, faculty and staff. Testing will be conducted on Mondays and Thursdays.
FAQS ON COVID-19 TESTING
Find information about the process and answers to questions you might have.