Mason campuses will be fully open for Fall 2021, and we've created strategies to maximize learning opportunities.
Some workers might choose to continue working from home, while others will return to campus part-time or full-time. Staffers are encouraged to come into the office at least two or three days a week. To ensure we meet the needs of our community, we'll need to coordinate our schedules to make sure everything is covered.
We’ve made some changes to telework and remote work policies and forms.
- To telework, you must complete a new Employee Telework Self-Assessment.
- Managers can get guidance from a new Manager Telework Assessment, which will guide conversations to design the telework agreement and ensure it is clear.
- The Telework Agreement formalizes and facilitates evaluation of the arrangement at future milestones.
Mason has updated the Remote Work Agreement and approval process for staff members who have relocated to another state while still working for the university. Human Resources & Payroll must account for differing laws, regulations, and tax consequences.
Accommodation, Adjustment, Modification (AAM) Process
If you have not been vaccinated due to a religious or medical exemption or have a high risk of infection, and can’t follow physical distancing and face covering guidelines, you must apply for an accommodation, adjustment or modification (AAM) by submitting a Reasonable Accommodations, Adjustments, or Modifications Request form.
Requests for medical conditions will be handled and decided by the ADA coordinator in the Office of Compliance, Diversity, and Ethics. Requests for religious reasons or family considerations will be handled by the benefits team in Human Resources & Payroll.
Support and Resources
Mason offers support and resources to help address some of the challenges that might arise and affect performance of individual job responsibilities and work.
- MasonLEAPS offers training in such areas as Coping with COVID-19 and Beyond, Return to Campus Training, and COVID Safety Training. The Fall 2021 Supervisor Return to Work Training is available for supervisors to help them handle employees' workplace questions and concerns.
- Human Resources & Payroll offers workshops and programs to address issues unique to the hybrid work environment, including employee engagement, managing performance of hybrid teams, and optimizing virtual meetings.
- If you don't have Mason benefits, access to the Employee Assistance Program, or are experiencing hardships, review the HR Support Page for resources.
- Mason employees have an allotted 8 hours of Public Health Emergency Leave to get the vaccine and recover from any side effects.