Spring Learning Options
Spring 2021 will look similar to fall with decreased density on campus and more online learning.
There will be opportunities for in-person learning for students who want to return to the Mason campus, and many other choices for learning online.
In all cases, we are prepared to fully pivot to online learning, if public health factors make that necessary.
Mason has developed six models of instruction for classes. We hope one of these plans works for each student.
On Campus In Person
- Classes meet on campuses, on the days, time and locations listed on your class schedule.
- Physical distancing per university guidelines; masks are required in the classroom to ensure everyone’s safety.
Hybrid: On Campus In Person and Online
- Fifty percent of the class meets in person on campus, with all students expected to attend class on the days, time and locations listed on your schedule.
- Physical distancing will be observed based on university guidelines. Masks are required in the classroom.
- Fifty percent of the class work is completed online, on your own time. Keep in mind course instructions and deadlines for completing assignments.
Hybrid: On Campus In-Person and Live-Streamed
- In this flex model, you will alternate between in-person learning and live-streaming lectures. Your instructor will provide information on what days to come to campus. Physical distancing will be observed per university guidelines; masks are required in the classroom.
- All students are expected to attend class either in-person or via live streaming on the days and times listed on your schedule.
Online On Your Own Time
- These courses will be 100 percent online, in an asynchronous format. You do not need to be on your computer or device on a specific day or at an exact time.
- Be sure to pay close attention to the syllabus assignments and specific deadlines.
Classes will meet in real time via Zoom on the days and times listed in the class schedule. The instructor will facilitate live, online lectures and discussions.
Hybrid: Online Live-Streamed and On Your Own Time
- This remote format is 50 percent live-streamed on the days and times listed on your class schedule.
- The remainder of classwork is completed online, independently, on your own time. Be sure to pay close attention to instructions and deadlines listed in the course syllabus.