One Last Step Before Your Future Begins
Graduation is one of the biggest days of your life. We want it to be a great experience that runs as smoothly as possible.
Schools and colleges will hold degree celebrations Wednesday, May 13, through Saturday, May 16.
To ensure that everything goes as it should, take some time now to avoid any glitches in the process.
- Apply: Graduation is not automatic; you must register. Go to the Office of the University Registrar's special graduation page to get started.
- Program listings: To ensure your name appears in the printed graduation program, you must apply to graduate by Sunday, February 23.
- Late application: If you miss the application deadline, you must submit a Late Graduation Application form. More information is available from the Office of the Registrar.
- Get Your Regalia: Mason will hold a Graduation Fair on the Fairfax Campus March 3 to 5. Bookstores on the Arlington and SciTech Campuses will also have regalia. You can purchase regalia after the fair while supplies last.
- Arrive on Time: EagleBank Arena doors open at 9 a.m. for the 10 a.m. university-wide ceremony on Friday, May 15.
- Audience members should arrive around 9 a.m. to park, walk to the venue, and select your seat.
- Graduates should arrive in time to line up by 8:45 a.m.
- Seating: There are no reserved seats, but special-needs seating is available.
Students who have placed a confidential hold on their records will be excluded from the graduation program. If you have a confidential hold and wish for your name to be included in the program, the hold must have been removed by February 22. You can fill out a form (PDF) or contact the Registrar's Office for more information.