The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. George Mason University is awarding two scholarships for Fall 2022. The scholarship is open to first-year undergraduate international students of all academic majors and fields of study, and it is applied to tuition costs
Who can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship?
Eligible students are those who are applying to George Mason University as first-year, undergraduate students intending to study on an F-1 visa. All academic majors are welcome to apply.
How much tuition does the scholarship cover?
A #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship covers a minimum of 50% tuition for the first year of study and is renewable for the second year of study as long the student continues to be in good academic standing. The scholarship cannot be combined with other merit awards.
- You are a first-year, undergraduate, international applicant of any major applying to George Mason University. International applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the U.S. and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- You demonstrate interest and initiative in leadership and intercultural learning.
- You meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadlines at George Mason University.
- You complete a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video describing your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at George Mason University.
How can I apply at George Mason University?
Required steps to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship are:
- Apply for admission to George Mason University and submit all required application materials by the deadline. When filling out your George Mason University application you will see a question that asks if you are interested in applying to the You Are Welcome Here Scholarship. If you answer 'yes', we will follow up with further instructions on submitting the scholarship application. This is an important step, so please don't forget to answer 'yes'. Any questions about the process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Soon after submitting your application to George Mason University and indicating your interest in international scholarships, you will receive an e-mail with your personalized link to the scholarship application.
- Complete the scholarship application, including a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video, describing your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at George Mason University. A sample of the scholarship application can be found here, but you should submit the online form that you receive via e-mail.
When do I need to apply to the scholarship by?
The scholarship application and essay or video must be submitted by December 15, 2021.
The decision date for the scholarship is March 1, 2022.
What if I have questions?
Questions about the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.