Live large at Mason.
Mason’s campus has more than 40 residence halls, from suites to apartments. Many are new or have been recently renovated to be even more spacious and comfortable. More than 75 percent of all freshmen live on campus, so there’s always plenty going on. A variety of amenities are available within each building, including high-speed Internet access and free laundry facilities (but you still have to fold).
Most first-year students will live in traditional residence hall communities such as Presidents Park, a complex of 12 residence halls.
- All rooms are furnished with beds, desks, chairs, dressers, and closets. Carpets and window treatments are provided.
- Most bedrooms in Presidents Park are double or triple occupancy. A small number of quads and singles are also available.
- Bedrooms are accessed off the main hallway, and residents share bathrooms (designated by gender).
- Each of these buildings has two or three floors and is home to 26 to 40 residents.
- All halls are coed by floor or floor section.
- Common areas, such as lounges and laundry, are distributed throughout the community.
- Presidents Park and the Commons are non-smoking and alcohol-free housing areas.
Housing is guaranteed for all freshmen who submit a housing application by May 1.
Share More Than Just a Room
We also offer Living Learning Communities (LLCs) where you can reside among like-minded students who share your passion for a particular field or interest, such as arts, outdoor adventure or sustainability. Explore our 16 communities, designed for students of all majors, and make meaningful connections.
As part of an LLC, you will attend at least one activity a month, enroll in and contribute to an LLC-related course and help to create a community.
Some buildings are designated for upper-classmen, where they live in suites or apartment-style accommodations.
The University Townhouses are also available to upper-class residents, and is the campus housing area most like an independent living situation. They are located a short walk from the Fairfax Campus.
- There are 34 two-bedroom townhouses, each accommodating four residents.
- The townhouses include a living/dining room, full-size kitchen, two full bathrooms, a small patio/porch, washer and dryer, and full furnishings.
Graduate Housing: You can’t get any closer than this.
Uniquely situated on the grounds of Mason’s Fairfax Campus, the community was designed to provide transitional housing for full-time graduate students, faculty, staff, and other affiliates of the university. A range of styles and layouts are available, as well as playgrounds and parking. masonvale.com
Our newest graduate on-campus housing, located at Mason’s Science and Technology Campus just outside Manassas, offers a great selection of studio, and one- and two-bedroom apartments. Cable TV and high-speed Internet is included, as well as 24-hour fitness and free shuttle service between campuses.
Off Campus, Not Off the Beaten Path
There are many off campus housing options for students, all in close proximity to campus. Apartment communities, houses and rooms for rent are readily available to fit every taste and budget. For additional assistance, contact Off-Campus Student Programs and Services, located in The Hub, Room 2500, on the Fairfax Campus.