Commencement and Degree Celebrations are around the corner! University Events is seeking additional assistance from students, faculty, and staff volunteers.
For Commencement on Friday, May 18:
- 7:45 to 10 a.m. on Wilkins Plaza (6–8 volunteers needed to help with line-up and tell graduates where to go. University Events will provide maps and signage.)
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at EagleBank Arena Main Concourse (2–3 volunteers needed to answer general questions. University Events will provide FAQs.)
University Events also needs volunteers to work one-hour shifts passing out reader cards in Lot A on the following dates:
- Thursday, May 17, from 9 to 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 17, from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, May 17, from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 18, from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Friday, May 18, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 19, from 9 to 10 a.m.
- Saturday, May 19, from 1 to 2 p.m.
To sign up, student volunteers should contact Rachel Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty/staff volunteers should contact Julie Gladbach at email@example.com.
Feel free to forward this information to any students who may be interested.
For general information, visit gmu.edu/graduation. Thank you for supporting Mason's graduates and celebrating their achievements!