News at Mason
Mason tops the list for criminal justice and corrections in national ranking
March 7, 2018 / by Buzz McClain
George Mason University’s criminal justice and corrections program was the No. 1 rated program in the U.S. among 400 universities surveyed, according to a new ranking by College Factual.
Mason also finished in the top 1 percent of schools surveyed in the “homeland security, law enforcement and firefighting” category.
The Troy, N.Y.-based ranking service measures the quality and value of four-year undergraduate programs based on 11 factors, including post-graduate earnings, SAT scores, student loan default rates, starting salaries, faculty compensation and others.
Other Mason programs finished in the Top 5, 10 and 15 percent of their fields:
Top 5 percent:
- Diversity and Ethnic Diversity
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts General Studies
- General Psychology
- Social Work
Top 10 percent:
- Computer Information Systems
- Teacher Education (subject-specific)
- Public Health
- Public Administration and Social Service
Top 15 percent:
- Business, Management and Marketing
- Computer and Information Sciences
- English Language and Literature
- Health Professions
- Public Administration
- Social Sciences
- Political Science and Government
- Visual and Performing Arts
To see the rest of Mason’s College Factual rankings, click here.
In addition, Mason’s online Executive Master’s of Business Administration program is ranked No. 9 in the country by MBA Today. Some 470 online programs were evaluated and ranked based on estimated tuition costs, accreditation, PayScale early career salary and prestige. The full list is here.