Professional & Community Learning
Mason is for learners. Whether you’re exploring a career change, adding to your professional portfolio, looking for family enrichment, or retired and enlivening a new life passion, we invite you to engage in the wide variety of learning opportunities presented on our campuses and throughout the region.
- For Educators: The Office of Education Services offers a broad range of credit and non-credit courses, educational services, resources, and professional development and serves as a clearinghouse for requests for research assistance, consultation and collaboration. For more information, call 703-993-6165. Virginia Educators may be eligible to receive a 15% tuition discount for coursework.
- For Professionals: Mason offers a broad range of courses to help build your leadership skills, get up to speed on the latest HR regulations, build up your technical toolkit, or work toward an advanced degree. We have the Executive and Professional Education program you will need to get ahead, and many are formatted to fit around a busy work day.
- For Health and Human Services Professionals: The Office of Academic Outreach provides adult educational services that support the career development of health professionals. Participants might be registered nurses, physicians, health administrators, other health professionals, and students in degree-granting health programs. Graduate and undergraduate credit courses and non-credit activities are available. For more information, call 703-993-2120.
- For Real Estate Professionals: The Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship offers development workshops, conference sponsorships, case study tours, and lectures.
- For Test Preparation Courses: Mason offers test preparation classes for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Mason Observatory: At our free sessions, visitors can peer into the infinite with our 32-inch Richey-Cretien telescope, and learn from scientists during a 30-minute presentation. During daytime tours, visitors can see sunspots and prominences through the six-inch solar telescope. If you really have stars in your eyes, join our team of volunteers, who share their excitement about astronomy at public events and conduct minor maintenance.
- Lifelong Learning: Mason's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute and Encore Learning programs deliver all the fun of learning with no homework and no exams to Virginia seniors. In addition to a variety of courses and special events, as official affiliates of Mason, members can participate in university activities and use university resources either free or at a significant discount. Our social activities can include clubs, luncheons, open house parties and picnics. Members can also volunteer and teach courses.
- Mason Speakers: Select a topic and expert from more than 100 Mason professors, researchers, administrators and alumni volunteers. They provide lectures and guest presentations to organizations and businesses at no cost.