George Mason University will conduct its 54th Spring Commencement virtually in accordance with public health recommendations. The ceremony is set for 2 p.m. Friday, May 14, 2021. The university hopes to resume in-person graduation in December.
Congratulations, 2020 Graduates! You've Accomplished Your Goals
We wish we could have been together to celebrate in person, but your accomplishments are all the more impressive because of the difficult circumstances under which you achieved them. The obstacles you’ve overcome have only made you stronger.
As you watch this virtual ceremony, we hope you feel the pride we have in you. You’re sure to make your mark on the world, and we salute you.
This event features messages of congratulation, musical performances, speakers, degree conferral, and more.
Graduates Featured on School and College Celebration Pages
Personalized slides for each graduate, showing name, degree, major, and college, are featured on your school or college's degree celebration page.
Students also had the opportunity to share a photo and personal message. These slides are shareable on social media.
Doctoral Candidates, by School and College
Schools and Colleges also honored doctoral graduates. As we receive video of those events, we will post them here..
- College of Education and Human Development: Watch the event on YouTube. For more information, contact CEHD Student Enrichment Coordinator, Brianna Alford.
- College of Health and Human Services: Watch the event on YouTube. For more information, contact CHHS or go to the Graduation page on the CHHS website.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Event: December 17, at 3:30 p.m. Contact Sarah Holland, or go to the CHHS Doctoral Graduation page for more information.
- College of Science: Watch the event on YouTube. For more information, contact COS.
- College of Visual and Performing Arts: Event: December 17, 11 a.m. ET. Contact the School of Music.
- Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution: Event: December 17, at 3 p.m. ET. Contact Charisse Cardenas or register for the Carter School event.
- Schar School of Policy and Government: Event: Friday, December 18, noon ET. Contact the Schar School.
- Volgenau School of Engineering: Watch the event via ZOOM. Access code VSEPhD2020! For more information, go to the Engineering Graduation page.
Mailed Programs Might Be Delayed
If you submitted your form for a mailed program, Mason shipped them on December 7. However, due to the volume of holiday mailings and Covid-19 safety requirements, mail deliveries can take longer than expected. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to track each individual program. If you don't receive a program by mid-January, you can get up to two programs on one of our campuses.
Share Your Creativity and Celebrate Your Achievement with a Decorated Cap or Poster
Many Mason graduates highlight their individuality and diversity through a creatively decorated cap.
Because our ceremony will be virtual this year, we’re offering you the chance to create a virtual decorated cap.
Share yours via the hashtag #MyMasonCap.